Major League Fishing pro David Dudley delivers a highly-detailed wacky rig tutorial for summer bass on New York’s Lake Cayuga. From grassy to rocky habitats, the lake sets the perfect backdrop for a lesson on wacky rigging and the best gear for the job.
FEATURED PRODUCT (retail links)
• WORM – Perfection Lures Dudley’s Wacky Worm, color – Green Pumpkin Violet: Buy at Tackle Warehouse (https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Perfection_Lures_David_Dudley_Wacky_Worms/descpage-PWK.html?from=w2fish), Buy at Bass Pro Shops (https://bassproshops.vzck.net/k0ozWv)
• HOOK – Gamakatsu G-Finesse Stinger Wacky/Neko, 1/0: Buy at Tackle Warehouse (https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gamakatsu_G-Finesse_Stinger_Wacky_Neko_Hook_6pk/descpage-GSWN.html?from=w2fish), Buy at Bass Pro Shops (https://bassproshops.vzck.net/Vm6ZNJ)
• ROD – ProFishiency Krazy Pro Spinning Rod, 7’2” Med Hvy: Buy at Tackle Warehouse (https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/PROFISHIENCY_Krazy_Pro_Spinning_Rod/descpage-KRS.html?from=w2fish), Buy at Bass Pro Shops
• REEL – ProFishiency A12 Krazy Magnesium Spinning Reel, size – 2000: Buy at Tackle Warehouse (https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Profishiency_Krazy_Spinning_Reel/descpage-KZS.html?from=w2fish), Buy at Bass Pro Shops (https://bassproshops.vzck.net/Vm6ZYJ)
• LINE (braided mainline) – Gamma Torque High Performance 100% Spectra Braid, 10-pound: Buy at Tackle Warehouse (https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gamma_Torque_High_Performance_100_Spectra_Braid/descpage-GHS.html?from=w2fish)
• LINE (fluorocarbon leader) – Gamma Edge Fluorocarbon Line, 8-pound: Buy at Tackle Warehouse (https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Gamma_Edge_Fluorocarbon_Line/descpage-GEF.html?from=w2fish)
Designed to mimic a live worm’s natural movement, the wacky rig’s key feature is its tantalizing “shimmy.” The irresistible shimmy on the fall makes the wacky rig one of the best finesse bass fishing techniques for triggering fish.
Dudley explores prime wacky rig fishing locations. He identifies post-spawn bass habitats, emphasizing the importance of deep-water access points. His commentary walks viewers through casting techniques, maintaining line tension, and detecting light bites.
Transitioning between docks and grass flats, Dudley also teaches how to leverage shade as an advantage in summer bass fishing. Shade provides refuge for bass during those hot summer months, whether under a dock, a bush, or an overhanging tree.
Dudley reveals how his signature “Dudley’s Wacky Worm” came into existence after years of studying the best worm action. He also covers essential gear tips, emphasizing the importance of a seven-foot or longer rod. Furthermore, he takes us through setting up a perfect wacky rig, including choosing the right color and hooking the worm.
Enhance your summer bass fishing game with wacky rig techniques that are proven to work. Dudley’s expert tips and demonstrations make this video a comprehensive guide for anyone looking to master the wacky rig for summer bass fishing.
► SUBSCRIBE for more AWESOME FISHING TIPS: https://wired2.fish/YTSub