Finding and fishing for largemouth bass in a sea of vegetation can seem daunting. But it’s not as hard as you might think. Brandon Cobb has a lot of factors he weighs in finding and catching bass from thick matted vegetation when he’s fishing in Florida. He likes to match his weight to his lure. He will match his gear to the conditions. He will look for mats that protect the fish from the wind and offer the cleanest water.
Listen as he explains what he looks for and how he’s able to find key places in all of the vegetations to make his pitches and catch bass.
• BAIT – Zoom Z Craw, Jr: https://wired2.fish/ZoomZCraw
• WEIGHT – ARK No Chip Tungsten No-Insert Flipping Weights: https://wired2.fish/Ark-NoChip-Tungsten-NoInsert-FlippinWeight
• HOOK – Berkley Fusion 19 Heavy Cover Flippin’ Hook, 3/0: https://wired2.fish/BerkleyFusion19HeavyCoverHook
• ROD – ARK Invoker Pro Series Casting Rod 7’9″ Heavy: https://wired2.fish/ArkInvokerPro-Casting
• REEL – Abu Garcia REVO STX Gen 4 Casting Reel, 7.3:1: https://wired2.fish/AbuREVO-STX-G4-Casting
• LINE – Yo-Zuri Super Braid, 50-65-Pound: https://wired2.fish/YoZuriSuperbraid
• SUNGLASSES – Costa Del Mar Reefton: https://wired2.fish/CostaReefton